This tranquil enamel necklace pendant features the Melanoid Axolotl: a freshwater salamander native to Mexico City. The pendant is made with a silver-plated brass base and filled with hard enamel. The silver plated chain is made from zinc alloy, and although it is nickel-free by industry standards, it might still contain traces of nickel. Thus, I would NOT consider it hypoallergenic.
I will be making hypoallergenic Sterling Silver chains available shortly.
Melanoid Axolotl Necklace Details:
- Polished silver plating
- Not hypoallergenic
- Not waterproof (can handle a light drizzle, but must be dried and polished after)
- Pendant height: approx. 38mm
- Necklace chains are hand-cut to approximately 40cm
- Silver-plated zinc alloy (brass) chain
- Presented in a cute “Evy Benita” jewelry box.
- Polish the chain + pendant metal once or twice a year with a Connesieurs silver polish cloth
- Do not soak in any form of liquid
- Keep away from saltwater, chlorine, and acetone
- A quick dip in freshwater should not ruin your pendant, but if it does happen to get wet, I recommend drying it quickly and giving the metal a light polish. If you don’t do this, you might see rust or decoloration appear.
- The enamel areas can be cleaned with non-toxic Blitz Gem & Jewelry Cleaner (do not soak or scrub)