This lovely enamel necklace pendant features the Black Ghost Knifefish: a nocturnal fish found in the depths of South America’s freshwater rivers. The pendant is made with a silver-plated brass base and filled with hard enamel. The silver plated chain is made from zinc alloy, and although it is nickel-free by industry standards, it might still contain traces of nickel. Thus, I would NOT consider it hypoallergenic.
Side note: I will be making hypoallergenic Sterling Silver chains available shortly.
About the Black Ghost Knifefish
The Black Ghost Knifefish is a tropical fish that thrives in freshwater habitats within South America. These fishes are also hugely popular within the fishkeeping community. The ghost knifefish is nocturnal and mildly electric. It thrives in the depths of freshwater rivers where little to no light comes through.
Black Ghost Knifefish Necklace Details:
- Polished silver plating
- Not hypoallergenic
- Not waterproof (can handle a light drizzle, but must be dried and polished after)
- Pendant height: approx. 45mm
- Necklace chains are hand-cut to approximately 40cm
- Silver-plated zinc alloy (brass) chain
- Presented in a cute “Evy Benita” jewelry box.
- Polish the chain + pendant metal once or twice a year with a Connesieurs silver polish cloth
- Do not soak in any form of liquid
- Keep away from saltwater, chlorine, and acetone
- A quick dip in freshwater should not ruin your pendant, but if it does happen to get wet, I recommend drying it quickly and giving the metal a light polish. If you don’t do this, you might see rust or decoloration appear.
- The enamel areas can be cleaned with non-toxic Blitz Gem & Jewelry Cleaner (do not soak or scrub)