Returns, Refunds, Replacements, and Cancellations
This page outlines my policy for returns, replacements, refunds, and order cancellations. This policy applies to all orders placed at www.evybenita.com.
Your Right to a Refund
Your right to a refund depends on the situation. Please see the sections below for specific details and circumstances. But here are some quick examples:
- You receive a faulty item which was not advertised as faulty: you have the right to a replacement or refund.
- You cancel your order within 14 days of placing it: you have the right to a full refund if conditions are met (see “Your Right to Cancel”).
- You return an order to me within 14 days of receiving it: you have the right to a full refund if conditions are met (see “Your Right to Return”)
- You want to return a digital item: you do not have the right to a refund
Your Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel an order within 14 days of placing the order. This right entitles you to a full refund. No questions asked.
- Digital products are delivered to you instantly. As a result, these are non-refundable.
- If your order has already shipped, you need to return it to me first, and you have to cover the postage and packaging costs yourself (feel free to re-use my packaging though!).
- You do not need to send it back to me within the 14-day window. You just need to inform me within the 14-day window, and send it back, unused and unopened, within 21 days of receiving it.
Your Right to Replacements
If you receive a faulty item, or your item breaks, I will happily send you a replacement. If a replacement can’t be provided (i.e. if the product is out of stock), I will give you the option between a refund, gift card, or choosing a different item within the same price range (the choice is yours!).
- I might ask you for photos or video of the damaged item(s)
- If you’re requesting replacements due to a damaged box, please send along a photo of the box (if you’re able to), so that I can apply to the postal services for reimbursement.
If you ordered an item sold as “faulty”, such as a B-Grade or C-Grade product, I cannot offer a replacement. That’s because you were already informed of the product being damaged before purchasing it, and will have received a discount to match the damage.
Your Right to Return
You have the right to return your order within 14 days of receiving it (excl. digital downloads, made-to-order items, and commission items).
- Contact me within 14 days of receiving your product to let me know you wish to return it.
- After you’ve notified me, you then have 14 days to send the product back to me (make sure to get a ‘Proof of Postage’ when you send it!)
- You need to cover return costs yourself. This includes shipping and packaging (feel free to re-use the original packaging though).
- Once I receive your returned items, I will issue you a refund. Conditions apply, see “Conditions for returned products” below.
- I can refund your standard postage cost, but I can’t refund upgrades such as Tracking or Signed-For services (as these services have already been provided to you).
Conditions for returned products:
- To receive a full refund, the items you return must be in the same condition you received them in. If your handling of the product(s) have led to a deprecation of value, I will evaluate your refund percentage on a case-by-case basis (depending on the severity). For example, if you return an enamel pin that’s been left out in the rain for 10 days, and as a result has rusted and deteriorated to a point where I can’t sell it anymore, I will decline your refund request.
- “Mystery items” (such as Lucky Dip pins or Mystery Grab Bags) cannot be returned if the packaging has been opened (this will be clearly stated on the packaging).
- For each item you return, all the product’s components must be returned with it. For example: if you return an enamel pin, it must be returned with its pin clutches and collectible backing card. You do not need to return it with the original clear-sleeve packaging, but you do need to package it so that the product is protected during transit.
- You yourself are liable for the return postal costs. This includes shipping and packaging (feel free to re-use the original packaging though).
- Services that have already been provided cannot be refunded. Examples: upgrades to Tracked shipping or Express delivery.
What is a “made to order” item and why can’t I return it?
- A “made to order” item is an item that was only manufactured only because you ordered it. Such items can include made-to-order clay pins, made-to-order sculptures or plushies, made-to-order sticker packs, or “round 2” pre-order enamel pins. Any “made-to-order” products will be clearly labelled as “Made to Order”.
- These items have only been manufactured because you ordered them, and as a result, I will have invested additional funds into making them for you. Therefore, they cannot be returned.
What is a “commission item” and why can’t I return it?
A “commission” is a one-of-a-kind product that’s been created only because you ordered it.
Examples of commission items:
- An illustration of your dog
- Stickers with your name on them
- Enamel pins especially designed for you and/or your event (i.e. a wedding)
- A plushie handmade to your specifications
These items, whether digital or physical, would not have been made unless you explicitly ordered them, and as a result, they cannot be returned for a refund.
“Pre-order” items do not count as “commission items”. For pre-order items valued £42 or more, you’re entitled to return these for a refund within 14 days of receiving them.
Why can’t I return digital items?
Digital items are sent to you instantly after placing an order. At this point, you have access to the file, and the ability to make copies of it. So to prevent fraud, I reserve my right to not provide refunds for digital items.
Kickstarter and Crowdfunded Projects
This policy only applies to orders placed through www.evybenita.com. It does not cover crowdfunded projects (i.e. Kickstarter).
- For Kickstarter, please go to the project page of the campaign you backed, and see the “Risks and Challenges” section.
What Qualifies as Faulty?
Faulty items will be marked as any of the following:
- Minor Imperfections
This status will be clearly visible in the product’s title. Faulty products will also have a disclaimer in their listing descriptions, to inform you that they’re faulty. Check out my Grading Policy for details on what qualifies as “faulty” in the different grades.